Monday, November 24, 2008

My Journey Continues With Colorful New Toys



Well I finally received my Pro-Grades(AKC style Kettlebells) in the mail and got them in time for today's workout. I must say it definitely spiced things up with a bit of color.  It must have been pretty spicy cause the pain was still there, but I love training with these bells as they move much better with the body than DDs do. With that said I performed a short set of LC with 2 bells and then continued on with my workout. After the entire workout I felt like I can do more because the double bells caught me off guard to how difficult they would be for me so I didn't do a long set. Instead I finished my initial set and then immediately went with one bell to complete the LC set of the day. The workout is as follows.

Workout:
2 Min. LC @ 2x24kg at 3-4 RPM
Then immedately without stopping I dropped to one bell.
4 Min. OALC @ 24kg alternating arms each minute for 6rpm.

3 Min. Double Cleans @ 20kg
RPM was 6

3 Min. Double Jerks @ 20kg
RPM was 11


Then:
3x50 JS @ 45# bar
15 Min. Run

Then:
Stretch


After that, as I said, I felt great so I decided to do just a touch more a couple hours later.

4 Min. Snatch Set @ 20kg at 15rpm
Followed by a quick 2 Min. set of One Arm Swings @ 20kg at 33rpm


This was not my limit, but just didn't want to burn out anything for tomorrow's WOD. This was a fun day playing with my new toys and the journey only continues. :)

6 comments:

Janice Lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Garon II, Synergy Kettlebell Training said...

Ah yes, but the AKC does have some pretty cool and fun toys. ;D

BJ Bliffert said...

Nice stuff, Bob. Keep it simple.

How long did it take to get your bells? I'm chompin' at the bit to get a 20kg.

Bob Garon II, Synergy Kettlebell Training said...

I received mine on Monday and was ready and waitin for the UPS driver to get there so I could crack open the boxes to reveal my new toys to come out and play. ;)

You haven't received yours yet?

BJ Bliffert said...

I'm hoping today. I plan on having extra pecan pie tomorrow so the 20s will be my "money" bells. Heavy enough to get a good rack, light enough to push the distance.

Bob Garon II, Synergy Kettlebell Training said...

I'm using the 20's now myself. I still need to get used to 2 bells as I have only really worked with one. Having 2 bells is a whole different animal, BUT I like it. :)

I also ordered an additional 24kg Pr-Grade so when I'm ready I can progress right into them.