Monday, February 8, 2010

Roller Coaster Comfort Zones & Blatant Honesty

Over the past few weeks I've been talking with my clients, my family, and especially myself about getting too comfortable in our own lives and actions. When this happens we can fill a rut with ourselves and the almost impossible task to move forward becomes so challenging because we fill our lives with said comfort. I just wanted to say something real quick about comfort. It is habit for us to live in our zones of comfort and it can be next to impossible to escape them. We do the same workouts, eat the same crappy foods, listen to the same boring music, and wake up every morning knowing our days are gonna be filled with the same overall scenes. Because we're humans we enjoy repetition and we enjoy knowing what our next move will be. When we can predict our outcome since we do the same things over and over and over again it becomes our routine.

Based on my own personal study and research, alongside countless others such as Ori Hofmekler, Mark Sisson, Brad Pilon, and Michael Pollan to name a few, I have found what, when, and how I recommend to be the best for overall optimal health, well-being, energy, ongoing detoxing in a world with constant toxins, fat loss, lean maintenance, allergy reduction, anti-estrogenic effect, increased libido, better sleep, and the list goes on. If you follow everything precisely as recommended results happen. BUT leaving comfort zones is the biggest struggle to overcome.

Keep one thing in mind, no one successful has ever gotten that way by remaining comfortable. In order to grow, find success, achieve results, and become who we want we must become uncomfortable. Yes fear is always present, but the rewards are far greater than the sacrifices made.  I'll be brutally honest for a moment, cause you all know me to not hide behind anything, LOL... I've been doing this long enough to know when a client is not following as they should nutritionally in their daily eating habits. When they do, they
experience results. When they don't, they blame me and my program or not working as expected. This couldn't be further from the truth, but happens all the time. Why do you think people jump around from gym to gym, fitness program to fitness program, diet to diet? Sure there's A LOT of crap out there, but I know mine is one of the best. That is my ultimate goal for you to experience.

Ok so without anyone thinking I'm being elitest or vain here in that my program is the be all to end all please understand that I don't think that one bit. What I do realize and know for a blatant fact is that my program works, has worked for hundreds of clients over the years, and my nutritional program works right alongside it. A human body is a human body and most respond well to similar needs with minor tweaks and necessary mods along the way. As long as the appropriate fitness & nutrition protocols are consistently followed, results happen. This does require a jump outside your comfort zone. Sure you can stay there and see results, but they will honestly be no where near what you can experience if you jump outside it.

In my Synergy Kettlebell Kamp and private training program I strongly encourage all my Kettlebell Klients to keep a Daily Food Diary so that they instantly are perpetuated outside their zone of comfort. I want them so uncomfortable that they have to make changes. Heck when that happens they're happy Klients aren't they? They come to me to experience change and if I allow them to follow right down the same path they were in before joining my Total Fat Blasting & Get Stronger program then they will simply stay as they were. That's NOT the plan.

Our Synergy Fat Blasting Plan will accomplish 3 main things.
1. Make you aware of what you are consuming. This is extremely important. Food is used for 2 main things: Fat or Fuel.
2. Make you accountable to me and your program.
3. Make you leave your comfort zone and experience results.


Stay in your rut and be comfortable. Leave your zone and feel the pain of a little physical discomfort, but never again feel the mental discomfort of seeing an unsatisfactory image in the mirror, feel how tight your pants are, see your belly bulge, feel your soft arms, see your energy plummet half way through the day, or feel your age set in each and every day. Things change all the time. Wonder why? That's life. We're not supposed to get into ruts. We're supposed to challenge ourselves and be better. Sometimes you just don't know how to do that. I have some ideas. I can help and will.

No comments: