Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Rules Of Eating Healthy To Be Healthy

A weak immune system leads to a sick body- plain and simple. There are many reasons why I eat the way I do and live the way I live by the daily activities I practice and encourage others to do as well. Some may view me as extreme. That's great and couldn't be more of a compliment because if I am "an extreme", due to my lifestyle practices in contrast to the Western eating and sedentary culture, than so be it. The latter is VERY unhealthy and OBVIOUSLY not working with all the cases of obesity(in reality and honestly too many people we know are part of that group), high cholesterol, diabetes, cancer, hormonal imbalances, heart conditions, and the list goes on.

I'll take my meatless, except fish, eggs, dairy, lifestyle any day over all that or even the CHANCE of any of it. Health is VERY important and we only have one life to be healthy and live. It's more like pro-actively living and surviving instead of passively allowing ourselves to die simply because food must be convenient and cheap for us.

It's pretty simple- don't count calories. Don't ever count calories. Your ancestors never did. In fact I did one day just to find out how many I was consuming and it was almost 4,000 and ALL of them were at night. I'm 5'6", 152lbs. and 8% body fat.

According to my recommended Intermediate Daily Water Fast you don't eat anything during the day except a minimum gallon of water. Then you will be eating your balanced and staggered meal in the evening. Eat for a duration of, but not continuously, 2-4 hours staggering each stage of your eating.

Here is the follow rules:

1. Salad ALWAYS first EVERY DAY. This releases vital enzymes stored in your liver from not eating during the day that will help efficiently break down proteins, carbs and fats in your evening meal. In the salad you want to have at least the 3 colors of the stoplight(red, green, and yellow/orange) by way of veggies.

2. Proteins

3. Fats OR Grains and Starches, but not fats and grains/starches on the same day or your glycemic index will be disrupted thus storing fat.

4. Optional: nuts, seeds, yogurt, keifer, 85% or higher dark chocolate treat, etc.

Have about 20 or so minutes between each stage to allow for digestion. Eat 5 days of high fat and 2 days of high carb(grains and starch) each week, but never have the 2 high carb days consecutively.




Here is an example of one of my own typical High Carb Day menus:

1. Big salad that has about 5-10 different veggies in it alongside some raw mild cheddar cheese and a couple scoops of black eyed peas mixed in. I always look forward to this and it is always very good. :)

2. Wild caught baked salmon with some garlic and paprika.

3. Big helping of Amaranth(an Egyptian grain) made just like you would rice. I'll cut and mix the salmon and amaranth together and add some more beans too.

4. Medium Smoothie of an apple, a few baby carrots, and a banana.

5. Dessert every night: Big bowl of Greek God's Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt with organic flame raisins, organic dried cranberries, and pineapple mixed in to flavor and nutrient pack it.

Each stage has about 20 min. in between give or take.

Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: