Saturday, January 17, 2009

Past Week Catch Up

It's hard to see, but my bald head is in the far back right in the white shirt.

Just wanna quick post of my past few workouts...

Last weekend I had the honor of instructor assisting at the Dallas IKFF CKT Course.  I also had some great Kettlebell fun by continuing my practice.

Practice 011009:
10 Min. One Arm Cleans @ 24kg and 8rpm
Then:
6 Min Long Cycle @ 2 20kg and 6rpm

 Then:
10 Min. One Arm Long Cycle @ 24kg and 8rpm

_____________________________________________


Practice 011109:
6 Min. One Arm Long Cycle @ 24kg and 10rpm


After this I felt something in my right trap and rhomboid (shoulder blade area) that just cramped up and hurt whenever I turned my head left.  So I took my father's advice whenever I hurt myself as a child.  He would say something to the effect- let's say if I hurt myself and it hurt to make a fist- "Then don't make a fist".  So I did my best to not turn my head left.
Yeah!  So that didn't really work so well.  I decided to take the 2 days off after the cert and get massages when I normally would be practicing.  That definitely made a difference.  Now I usually take Thursdays off, but because of my shoulder issue leading to 2 days off too many I decided to work straight through this week and I actually feel great for doing so.  I'm thinking of seeing how a 6 day training week looks and feels like. 
_____________________________________________ 

Practice 011409:

6 Min. Long Cycle @ 2 20kg and 5rpm
Then:
6 Min. Long Cycle @ 2 16kg and 8rpm

Then: 20 Min. Run
_____________________________________________  

Practice 011509:

10 Min. LC @ 2 20kg and 4rpm
Then:
3 Min. LC @ 2 16kg and 10rpm

Then:
20 Min. Run

_____________________________________________

Practice 011609: 
6 Min. Long Cycle @ 2 20kg and 6rpm
_____________________________________________


Practice 011709:
10 Min. Long Cycle @ 2 20kg and various reps per minute.

I decided to up the pace a bit and start off a touch faster and then finish strong.
Minute 1: 5rpm (I said just a touch faster than my normal 4rpm)
Minutes 2-9: 4rpm (I am almost flexible enough to have both elbows in the true Rack Position(elbows touching hip bones so that I am "bone stacking".)
Minute 10: 8rpm (This was pretty good and I should have knocked out 10rpm)
Total: 45 reps

Overall my grip held out fine and I now know I can bring up my overall pace for the 10 minute sets to a solid 5rpm at least. 

Then:
4 Min. Long Cycle @ 2 20kg and 10rpm
Then:
2 Quarter Mile Sprints
I rested the same amount of time it took me to sprint the distance.  Then I just jogged a final quarter mile.

Dat Tis It!

No comments: