Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Almost IKFF Time...

IKFF

This weekend is the IKFF cert in Dallas.  I will be going to that to assist in the instruction alongside Steve Cotter and Ken Blackburn as well as present a sales training module.  I'm very much looking forward to going to this because I know everytime I attend a cert whether it be as a student or assisting I learn something new, I hone my skills, and I network with great, great people.  The fitness and kettlebell community is definitely a good one to be a part.  There are a lot of great minds and I always look forward to being mentored as well as mentoring when given the opportunity. 

This weekend will be my first opportunity, my pilot program, to present my training module outside of Anytime Fitness.  It has been a vision of mine to work with a top level certifying organization such as the IKFF for a while in training the trainers.  I truly believe in what the IKFF represents and teaches.  I only hope my presentation is enjoyed and seen valuable by both Steve and Ken so that I will continue to work with them ongoing.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

As for my workouts I have worked very hard this week and will be taking the next 2 days off to allow my body to recover because I know I will be doing something in some capacity at this weekend's cert. 

Workout 010609:
8 Min. Long Cycle @ 2 20kg and 5rpm

Then:
4 Min. Jerks @ 2 20kg and 9rpm
______________________________________

Workout 010709:
6 Min. Long Cycle @ 2 20kg and 6rpm

Then:
4 Min. Jerks @ 2 20kg and 8rpm

Then:
Guerrilla Sprints

I'm gonna eat well this evening and sleep well too.  Tomorrow and Friday will be a nice break to have back to back as I haven't had one of those in a long time.  If you haven't checked out the IKFF I would highly, highly advise it.  I have plans to host one if I can in AZ sometime this year.  I just need people with interest so that I can solidify it with Steve and Ken.  The location is already set as I have 14 possible locations in the state inside one of my Anytime Fitness facilities.  Let me know if you want to get certified as a Kettlebell Coach.  We'll make it happen. :)

No comments: