Saturday, December 13, 2008

Post Workout Recovery

I've been doing something for quite a while now that has been working very well.

I blend 1 cup of organic raw, full-fat milk with 1 cup of pineapple and 2 tablespoons of organic 100% dark chocolate powder.
The pineapple has an enzyme in it called Bromelian. Bromelian breaks down proteins as well as is anti-inflammatory. Both are great benefits that I want. It also has just enough natural sugar to sweeten the shake so that the chocolate isn't as bitter.
The brand of dark chocolate I use is "Green and Black's" which you can get online or at Whole Foods Market. It's very inexpensive too. I use about 2 cans a week and spend about $4 total on them. It has ZERO sugars in it.


This is very, very good tasting and very, very beneficial for overall recovery. I have experienced great results on this recovery meal and it is much, much cheaper than most anything else. Many of the old school strong men used to drink chocolate milk after their workouts so this is something I've known about for a while and it definitely works. Sometimes the best things are the simpliest things. No need for fancy and expensive supplements. Stick with what works and always stick with the basics.

No comments: