Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Goal To Be Master of Sport

This past weekend I had the extreme privilege of attending the American Kettlebell Club (AKC) Coaches Certification under the direction of Honored Master of Sport Valery Fedorenko.  I had a lot of fun honing my skills and have set a new personal goal.  I want to be a Master of Sport in the Long Cycle(clean and jerk).  For my body weight I need 48 reps in a 10 minute timed set of Long Cycle with two 32kg kettlebells.
Yesterday I set the goal.  Today I began training for it.  Here is what my Kettlebell Training Protocol will be for the next 6 weeks.
Long Cycle Training Protocol- 6 Week Program Beginning on 111808
1 Set of the following:

Monday: 8 Min. LC, 3 Min. Heavy Cleans, 4 Min. OAJ, JS, Run

Tues: 4-6 Min. LC, 3-4 Min. Heavy Cleans, 6 Min. OAJ, JS, Run

Wed: 8 Min. LC, 4 Min. Heavy Cleans, 4 Min. OAJ, JS, Run

Thurs: Off

Fri: 5 Min. LC, 3 Min. Heavy Cleans, 8 Min. OAJ, JS, Run

Sat: 6 Min. LC, 3-5 Min. Heavy Cleans, 6 Min. OAJ, JS, Run

Sunday: Off


*JS= 3x50 Jumping Squats w/ weighted bar
*Run= 20 Min. or HIIT Sprints

This was today's workout...

111808
8 Min. One Arm Long Cycle (OALC) @ 24kg- 5rpm

3 Min. Cleans @ 24kg- 10rpm

4 Min. One Arm Jerk (OAJ)- 10rpm


Then:
3x50 Jumping Squats w 45# bar

20 Min. Run

Then:
Stretches

All I have to say is that the training for the Master of Sport will be fun! It's very good to have a goal.  What's more important is having a plan.  A goal without a plan is just a dream.  All dreams are good, but eventually you need to wake up.

2 comments:

hunashaman said...

Hey Bob! That's an awesome goal and from what I've seen on the blog you are sure to achieve it. Good luck sir and good training to you.

Bob Garon II, Synergy Kettlebell Training said...

Thanks! I appreciate your support. :)